Sunday, September 09, 2007

My Husband is a ........

This post is comprised of nothing but bitching....so if you don't want to hear me bitch...move on!

I have my first job as a photographer today....taking action shots of little peewee football. our friend is the coach and has hired me to take pictures of the 3 teams. woohoo!....right?...well....it was woohoo last night, when I got the job and was all excited. This morning...not so much.
and here's why:

1. It's raining. Which means I have to put my camera in a plastic bag and stand in the rain all day. Not fun.

2. My husband is being a real dick. Now, this goes wayyyy back, but I am in a bitchy mood, so I am going there. When the kids were little and we both decided that the best thing for our family was for me to stay at home with them and he would go to work. Very traditional..very Leave it to Beaver...so, whenever I wanted/needed money to buy my self something or get my haircut or buy tampons for goodness sake, this is what I got

"If you want money, you need to get a job like everybody else does."

YA.

So I get a job doing retail or being a teacher's assistant to emotionally disturbed children( loved that job, BTW, and would do it again in a heartbeat. I miss those kids)...then I get this,

"Well, it's not a REAL job until you make more than $10 an hour."

I worked 8 hours a day, just like he did, and came home and worked another 10 hours doing everything I would have done during the day, had I not been working. No help whatsoever from him. NONE. he worked afternoon turn, I worked day turn, but he did NOTHING in the house before he went to work. I still had to do the laundry, the cooking, the shopping, the cleaning, the cooking...you name it, I did it. It was about this time that I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I was in some badddd shape. I quit working and was sleeping about 18 hours a day. Not good.

Now, any normal person would think, at this time, that my better half would have stepped up to the plate and helped me out. But, alas, no such luck. he's a selfish ass and always has been...always will be. Face it.

So, back to the original story.

My husband is being a dick.

He's going to church this morning, while I have to be at the football field at 11 am. It's at our old high school, which is about a mile away from my house. It's raining. I asked him to leave church at 11am so he could drive me over there....it's raining people. He said,

"No. I'm not ping-ponging back and forth. you can drive me to church and then come and pick me up at 12."

"Ok.....so it's ok for me to ping-pong back and forth, but not you? I have to leave my JOB to come and get you, but you can't leave church to take me?"

He left me the umbrella.
Yep.

My husband is a dick.

Now, I can probably attribute some of these feelings to PMS, but not all of them. He's a selfish prick who only thinks about himself. If it's not something that benefits him in some way, he aint doing it. I mean, this is a man who bought himself a letterman's jacket and put his old high school letter on it....20 some years after the deal...and didn't get his son a letterman's jacket and he was still in high school!!! Selfish! This is the man who told me I can't get a VW Bug cuz "there's no room for the family in that little car"..but he is buying a motorcycle for himself. Uh, where is the family supposed to sit on a motorcycle? Answer me that will ya?!

So. it's 10am, and I am sitting here shoving a toasted cheese sandwich into my mouth and venting. I have to get ready and find something to wear in the rain, so I can walk over to the high school.

My husband is a dick.

Now, if you are on his side....I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!
If you think I am being a bitch...I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!
If you're not on MY side...MOVE ON!!!
If you think I'm a fat heifer...I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!

My husband is a dick.

Added at 8:47pm:

Ok....he came to the football field after church and followed me around with an umbrella so my camera wouldn't get wet, while I took 500 pictures. Forgivness?....eh...I'll think about it! ;)

I hate it when he does crap like that...how can I stay mad at him when he does something nice? I want to hold a grudge!! I'm darn good at it, and I want to do it! I'm sure he'll give me another reason, soon enough, to call him a dick.

29 comments:

Dixie said...

Oh girl! I'm with you and you are not fat! You are right and one hot momma to boot!

Looks like we've been having some of the same issues! Come over and read what mine said to me!

Lynda said...

OMG! That totally sucks. I would have dropped him off at church and not picked him up. LOL! My husband use to work late and not tell me. We car pooled together. So, I would be waiting downstairs for him to come down. Call him. "Oh, just a few more minutes!" Call him 30 minutes later. "I am almost done." Wait another 15-20 minutes later. You get the idea.

One day I got so fed up, I drove off without him. He never did that again!

joan said...

I'm always with you Beth! I was a little pissed at my husband now he doesn't seem so bad.

Beth said...

I'm trying to be objective about this - but I LOVE YOU MORE so I can't! Yes, he is behaving like a dick.

Remember all your posts where you say you love him? I'm thinking... not so much right now, huh?

(Hope you don't get too wet...and congratulations on the photography job!)

Eileen said...

I think your husband and my husband could be related. I do love him, but he can be the biggest dick in the world. It seems like most of the time. In this case your husband is clearly being a dick and selfish too.
I've been known to take the car and the girls for a girls night at a local hotel. I leave a note, say not to worry, he has me too stressed, I need time alone. I turn off my cell phone. Girls and I have fun by the pool, even thou we really can't afford it, which makes he mad, but he is so sorry and could not be nicer when I come home. Sometimes they need to know and appreciate what they have!
Plus, you don't want that Fibromyalgia to flare up again, as stress will do, it is a Bitch, as you know. Take care and congrats on your photo. job. Share some with us!

All Mod Cons said...

As a male, I feel the need to defend our species. We've got to stick together right?

Err...erm...

Ok. I can't. He's being an arse.

Buy the car, then put a sticker on it saying "Bite Me". And get him a skateboard with "For Ping-Ponging Around" written on it.

Job done.

sAssY brOwn said...

holy shit Beth, just reading that enraged me. now...it doesn't excuse him his selfish actions even one teeny tiny iota but you need to put your fot down & refuse to be treated that way.

Nancy said...

Yep, you nailed it ... selfish dick.

That behavior is more affirmation that I should remain single =)

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Load an obscene ring tone on his cell phone and call him while he's in church.

Cut the brake line on his midlifecrisicycle.

Prostitute yourself. That pays more than $10 an hour (if you're good, anyway).

Tell him you're pregnant.

Anonymous said...

Oh Beth, vent girl vent! Good luck with the job! Have tons of fun!
The Preacher's Wife

Anonymous said...

If it walks like a dick, sounds like dick, acts like a dick... it must be a dick..... yep, he's a dick. I used to have a dick too, but he died... I chose better this time.;)

Anne said...

Hmmm... sounds selfish and controlling. Some people. Reminds me of my ex too. >:(

me said...

Guess going to church made him feel a teensie, eensie bit like a jerk!

p.s. If you were my girlfriend and we were sitting down talking about this, I would have some pretty harsh words to say. But I don't know you that well and don't feel I have the right. Either way, you do what YOU gotta do and forget about how he feels about it!!!!

Dino aka Katy said...

sounds a lot like my ex sorry i know how crappy that feels. I think that is one of the reasons why I make sure I have my things. I bought the house and the big truck. I trust Grumpy but still I'd rather have it be mine

Dorky Dad said...

It sounds like he has redeemed himself somewhat, but I'd call him a dick, too, if I were in your shoes.

simonsays said...

The joys of beig married....

At least he has tried to make things better (a little)...

Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em....

buffalodickdy said...

I'm just going to say we all got a different deal with marriage. My wife has been out of work for about 4 months, and everyday I really don't know if I'm going to get the upbeat wife, or the downbeat wife. I've been patient and supportive, but some days....

doggybloggy said...

ok already you win

Dixie said...

I'm glad to see that he came to his senses. He probably thought about all the coochie he wouldn't be getting.

karen said...

i know what you mean about wanting to hold a grudge. i never can. i always get all dramatic & think "i have to tell him i forgive him and love him because what if this ends up being the last time i see him?!"

Shari said...

My hubby and your hubby are in the same company. We women are treated like second class citizens and are expected to work outside the home, be the housewife, the mommy, and be a wife. It looks like he did some kissing up afterwards, though, so he's got a conscience. :)

steschy said...

OH yes hold that grudge....I do it all.the.time!!! Men are dicks! They've ALWAYS been dicks! That's just how they work! I feel for ya! You need to set him straight...ASAP!

Mighty Dyckerson said...

After that update, he is obviously no longer a dick.

He's a pussy.

Mel said...

hahahhahahaha!!! Your rant made me laugh! I have so been there, but my rants are just bitchy not funny. I really think your husband is related to mine....are there any short white canadians in his family LOL??

carl r said...

I'll stay out of the fight, but how'd the photography go?

Andrea said...

LOL! After that conversation, I might have dropped him off at church with an umbrella...

Thankfully our husbands aren't ALWAYS dicks, otherwise we'd have booted them a long time ago, right? Or at least one would hope...

Sugarmama said...

My mouth literally fell open while I was reading about this! I'm totally on your side, hon, and screw anyone who isn't!

(Get a real job...grumble grumble...)

Em said...

LOL...I think I see the pattern here. Hubby...dick. Hubby...dick. Yep, a definite pattern. Sounds like you documented your case quiet well. LOL

And what is that about a fat heifer? Hell no! You are awesome, babe!

Lianne said...

this is May 2011...has your husband improved? lowered his testosterone, therefore, raised his IQ -- significantly? removed his sorry ass from the equation?