Monday, September 10, 2012

not my time

ok... nooooo, I haven't been to the dr yet. Well, that's not true. I did get my 12 week check up for the cervical cancer.....and I only have to go once a year now!!! WOOHOOOO!!!! clean bill of health there!!! No cancer cells, pre or otherwise. :) But as for my stomach...nope. haven't gone. My kid comes first. And he's been having horrible headaches. I had him in the ER on Tuesday night....he had a BAD headache all day long...no amount of medicine helped it..and it got progressively worse, resulting in him throwing up. I thought migraines. so I take him to the ER at 10pm. First mistake! We were there for about an hour before they even called him back to take his blood pressure or ask why the heck he was there. then they stuck us in a room where we sat for 2 hours before another living soul came in the room. They came in...took some blood...started an iv for some pain meds...then disappeared for another 2-3 hours. Came back in and things started rolling. The "bands" in his white blood cell count was elevated...should be around 0-3%...his was at 20%. They suspect bacterial meningitis. Want to do a spinal tap. Start him on 2 VERY powerful antibiotics. We get the spinal tap done...he handled it like a champ. They also tested for strep, mono, and the flu. 2 hours later, everything comes back NEGATIVE. Thank you baby jesus!! We finally get home at 7:30am. He is still having headaches and throwing up....took him to the dr today. He said Migraines. gonna start him on some meds to see if they help. re-evaluate him in a week. I can't help but think this is from his dirtbike accident 3 years ago, and we have progressed to this. :( so I'm on hold for right now till I get him together. But I WILL go to the dr. PROMISE.

7 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Try EVERYTHING. (I know you will)
Daughter had a headache for 8 months. We went everywhere. Meds, chiropractor, neurologists, massage therapy. Finally worked - meds for sleep (Amitriptyline) and acupuncture. The acupuncture was dramatic - worked in a day. Had it on a Friday, went back to school on a Monday. My labor/delivery nurse niece suggested it. Keep us up-to-date and hangest in there.

Beth said...

DM: he's starting amitriptyline today..and Im looking into acupunture. Thanks girl. :)

the dogs' mother said...

crossing all fingers and toes!

S'A said...

I had reoccurring headaches for 3 years, the Dr.s kept giving me allergy meds that didn't work. I know they thought I was just being a whiner. Turned out it was my teeth. The Dentist, of all people, found the problem. Hope he gets some relief--headaches are miserable.

Trish said...

Oh man, that's scary. Here's hoping everything turns out okay and he gets some relief soon.

Cheryl said...

Beth,
I am still going through this with Hannah when she had her concussion back in 5th grade. Now they say it's Migraines, but she swears she can tell the difference between her concussion headaches and Migraines.

I get migraines really bad and found Frova helps. I also get Botox injections every 3 months, around my entire scalp to prevent the headaches. That was the last resort, after my neurologist tried everything else. It does help, have less, but not gone 100%. Get a good neurologist and work with them. Headaches are the worse and can be so debilitating. Good luck!!xxxx

jax said...

oh that sucks! i take zomig and you have to take then RIGHT away or they are useless. Like he needs to carry one with him.

love to you!